Bachelor's In Tourism
Our CTeSP are focused on a very practical teaching aspect, with internships assured. Professional and Technical Programs are higher education programs that last four academic semesters (120 ECTS), plus one academic semester (30 ECTS) of internship.
The Tourism degree is based on a relevant curricular plan, a qualified faculty and benefits from the solid image of prestige of the UCP in higher education of excellence. In addition, the course has the support and cooperation of prestigious national and international partners linked to the travel and tourism sector, namely, national associations of Hospitality and Catering, Hotel Groups, Tour and Cruise Operators, Municipalities, Information and Communication Technology Companies and Reference Institutions in the area of Culture and evaluation. It also counts as a partner with the World Center of Excellence of Destinations – an NGO recognized by the World Tourism Organization.
- The course has no integrated master’s degree. However, the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences has a Master in Tourism, with two branches of specialization: Management and Administration and Tourism and Cultural and Religious Tourism.
- The course curriculum plan includes an internship in a renowned organization / company in Portugal or abroad.
- The course has a high employability rate, with approximately 90% of students getting a job after completing the course.
In order to respond to the needs and opportunities for growth and employment in the market, the Tourism course has as its main objective to provide students with training of professional excellence, inter and multidisciplinary. Thus, specific objectives of the course are:
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge in key domains for the exercise of tourist activity;
- Develop transversal skills in students, highly valued by the job market;
- Stimulate entrepreneurial, creative and innovation capacity;
- Prepare future professionals for entry into the labor market, namely by conducting internships in reputable companies.