Where will you Stay?
At Lyssup International Portugal, we understand the importance of comfortable and convenient student accommodation. That’s why we have established connections with reputable agencies to assist you in finding the perfect place to live during your studies. These agencies specialize in providing affordable options that are located near the campus, ensuring easy access to classes and campus facilities. Additionally, they can guide you in understanding the city’s transport system, ensuring seamless connectivity throughout Braga. It’s worth noting that the city of Braga offers a fantastic benefit for students, as 50% of public transportation costs are reimbursed. We strive to make your stay in Braga as enjoyable and convenient as possible, starting with finding the ideal accommodation for your needs.
The cost of living for a student in Porto can vary depending on individual preferences and lifestyle choices. Here is a breakdown of some common expenses:
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation in Porto can range from around €300 to €450 per month, depending on the type and location of the accommodation. Shared apartments or student residences are often more affordable options.
- Food: On average, a student can expect to spend about €150 to €200 per month on groceries and eating out. Cooking meals at home is generally more cost-effective than dining at restaurants.
- Transportation: Public transportation in Porto is relatively affordable, with a monthly pass costing around €30 to €40. Bicycles are also a popular and economical mode of transportation.
- Utilities: The cost of utilities (electricity, water, heating) can amount to approximately €50 to €80 per month, depending on the size of the accommodation and consumption.
- Internet and Mobile Phone: Internet services can range from €20 to €40 per month, while mobile phone plans can vary from €10 to €30 per month.
- Study Materials: The cost of study materials, such as textbooks and stationery, can vary. It is recommended to budget around €50 to €100 per semester for these expenses.
- Leisure and Entertainment: Porto offers a vibrant social scene with various entertainment options. Budgeting around €100 to €200 per month for leisure activities is a reasonable estimate.
It’s important to note that these figures are approximate and can vary depending on personal choices and circumstances. It’s advisable to plan a budget based on your specific needs and financial situation.